The mission of The Adhesion Society is to:
- Promote the advancement of the science and technology of adhesion and the dissemination of this knowledge.
- Promote education and training in the science and technology of adhesion.
- Provide recognition of accomplishments in the international adhesion science and technology community.
To accomplish this mission, the activities of The Adhesion Society include:
- An annual technical meeting where advances in adhesion science and technology are discussed.
- Online publication of proceedings from the annual meeting.
- A short course on the science and technology of adhesion offered at the annual meeting.
- Travel assistance for graduate students to attend the annual meeting and short course via the Peebles Award Competition.
- Awards recognizing accomplishments in adhesion science and
technology, and recognition of the most distinguished student paper
presented at the annual meeting.